Minister Issa Tchiroma Bakary has revealed the major priority projects of his ministry for the year 2018. He made the announcement on Friday the 26th of January 2018 during his new year wish ceremony.These are the main objectives of Issa Tchiroma's ministry for the year 2018.
- The top priority of Minister Tchiroma for the year 2018 is to promote the ideal of living together via the various communication platforms.
- In 2018 the ministry of communication will play a key role in ensuring a successful election.
- Enhancing Cameroon's image abroad will also be a top priority to Tchiroma's ministry. According to Tchiroma, the rising spade of violence in the NorthWest and South West regions of Cameroon has created a false impression about Cameroon in the minds of the foreigners. As Cameroon prepares to host the 2019 African Nation Cup, its very important that this false impression about Cameroon be changed. Cameroon is a peaceful and peace loving country.
- Minister Issa Tchiroma also announced plans to begin the ground work of Cameroon Virtual News Agency. Funds have already been set aside to kick off the project whose first results should be evident before the end of the first semester.
|A Must Read - Minister Issa Tchiroma Bakary Reveals The Top Objectives Of His Ministry In 2018|
MinCom will follow-up the execution of some CRTV projects which include ...
- Optimization of the new CRTV website.
- Acquisition of mobile applications that will eventually become a media on their own.
- Reinforcing human, technical, technological and institutional resources.
- Broadening innovations at the national station.
At the national print media-SOPECAM,Issa Tchiroma earmarked the following projects;
- The creation of an exclusively English tabloid.
- Exhaustive coverage of the 2018 election.
- Reinforcing national destribution networks among others.
Minister Tchiroma warned staff of an increase in disciplinary measures meted to this category of workers. He also called on state functionaries to display a sense of discretion when managing sensitive info. Media practitioners were equally cautioned to desist from unprofessional practices on the social media.